We are living in turbulent times. There is a unanimous opinion among all scholars that its high time we utilize this opportunity to get closer to Allah. One of the major ways to do this is DUAS OR SUPPLICATIONS. Dua plays a major role in the life of the Muslim in regards to his relationship with Allah. In a hadith, Prophet Muhammad PBUH said DUAA IS WORSHIP. Its unfortunate that many Muslims are unaware of how to do Duaa. Here we bring you its etiquettes as well as list of some authentic Islamic Duaa books
Etiquettes of Duaas:
1) Be sincere as Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, so sincerity (ikhlaas) is a condition of its being accepted. Also, Ask Allah alone.
2) Invoke Allaah by His most beautiful names
3) When one of you prays, let him start with praise of Allaah, then let him send blessings upon the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), then let him ask whatever he likes after that. ( Hadith)
4) Facing towards the qiblah
5) Raising the hands
6) Having certain faith that Allaah will respond, and focusing with the proper presence of mind because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Call upon Allaah when you are certain of a response, and remember that Allaah will not answer a du’aa’ that comes from a negligent and heedless heart.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi,
7) Asking frequently.
8) Repenting to Allah. “If you fall into a hardship that is hard to be free from, you can’t (do anything) but make du’aa and take refuge in Allaah, after repenting from sins, because sins necessitate punishment, so if they disappear by repentance from them, the reason (for punishment) is lifted. So if you repented and made du’aa, and did not see any trace of response, then look into your affair. Maybe the repentance was not sound, so correct it then make du’aa and don’t become tired of making du’aa. (Shaykh Ibn aj-Jawzee)
8) Saying du’aa’ silently and not out loud. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“Invoke your Lord with humility and in secret”
9) Asking Allah three times
10) It is preferred to have wudhu when making dua.
11) Do not consume the Haraam (unlawful).
12) Doing good deeds and asking Allah by one’s good deeds
13) Knowing the best times for du’a
14) Making du’a for others The Prophet, (may Allah praise him) said: “Whenever you make a supplication for another believer and he is not present, an angel will say ‘and same to you.’”
15) Memorizing the Authentic Supplications and du’as of the Prophet (Peace and Blessings be upon him).
( Resources: 1) Manners of Duaa Book by Saalih Al Fawzaan
SOME AUTHENTIC DUAA BOOKS
1) Fortress of Muslim ( Darussalam Publications)
2) Duaa: Weapon of the believer ( Yasir Qadhi)
3) Duaa kijiye ( Farhat hashmi)
4) Prayers of the Pious ( Omar Suleiman)
5) An Affluent Heart ( Aisha Dahiru Atta)
6) Duaa Qunoot ( Mashary Rashid)
7) The Precious Remembrance. Written by ash-Shaykh Ibn '
8) DUAs for S uccess: 100+ DUAs (prayers and supplications) from Quran and Hadith ( By IqraSense)
9) The Power of Dua (to Allah): An Essential Guide to Increase the Effectiveness of Making Dua to Allah( By IqraSense)
10) The Noble Words (Remembrance & Prayers of the Prophet Muhammad) ( Ibn Taymiyyah)