Jul 17 , 2021
HELPLESSNESS,ANXIETY,FAILURES? ILLNESS? LOSS IN JOBS? SINNING FREQUENTLY? TARBIYAH OF KIDS? MARITAL ISSUES ETC. Many of us face these issues. But all we do to resolve these issues is nag about it,cry among friends and families for the same , think we are victims or go to the so called babas,shrines etc so that our duaas maybe fulfilled. But Allah SWT is the one who has created this world, he is the one who is in complete control of our life . So why don’t we ask him! Yes we should . And not only for this world but our aakhirah too. The life of this world maybe 100 yrs or so but we may spent thousands of years in the grave so lets not be heedless of asking Allah SWT for a comfortable life there too. Hence these 10 days resolve to do a lot of duaas. Dua means supplication, which means communicating with a deity, comes closer than invocation. It is an important part of our faith and belief. We ask from Almighty Allah for everything that we want in our life no matter its how big or small. Dua is a means of keeping in touch with Allah and due to Dua, we get closer to our Lord. So, Dua is a source of keeping the supplicant closer to the Almighty Allah. Dua is a form of prayer and it could be made at any time anywhere there is no fixed time and place of making Dua. It is considered as a weapon with the help of which we can change our situation by asking help from Almighty Allah. Dua can change the destiny so try to make Dua in every situation because with Dua you will always get closer to Almighty Allah.
There are a lot of references in Quran and hadith about Duaa.
Our beloved Prophet (SAW) said: “The most excellent worship is Dua.” (Sahih Al-Jami)
Dua is a form of worship, in fact, our Holy Prophet (PBUH) said it as the best form of worship. When we make Dua in front of Almighty ALLAH for our needs and wants not only our Dua is being answered but we will be rewarded for worshiping also.
We should make Dua at all times, not only during times of distress. The Prophet Muhammad (SAW) said: “Whosoever desires that Allah answers his Duas in unfavorable and difficult conditions, he should make plentiful Dua in days of ease and comfort.”
Holy Prophet (SAW) said about it: “Whoever does Dua to Allah, Allah fulfills his seeking or in exchange averts misfortune until the Dua is not related to sin or breaking some relation.” (Tirmidhi). So, if we do not see our Dua being accepted immediately, we should not despair because either it will help us against some misfortune, or it might be accepted later.
Prophet PBUH has said in a hadeeth (a Prophet’s saying): “The best supplication is the one made on the Day of Arafah.” (Imam at-Tirmithee collected the hadeeth, #3585).
Though there are no specific duaas for Dhul Hijjah except Dhikr of Tahleel,Tahmeed and Takbeer but here are some duas we can all make this year .
- Oh Allah, please forgive me for all of the bad that I've done. You are so Merciful and kind, please forgive me, and help me stay away from all that's wrong. It's so hard for me, and I'm so weak but You are the Strong. Please increase me in sincerity.
- Oh Allah, please make my family stronger on the path of struggle as You made the family of Prophet Ibrahim, peace be upon him, stronger.
- Ya Allah relieve the world of the COVID pandemic, heal those who are sick, protect those who are not, and end it as soon as possible.
- Ya Razzaq (the name of Allah which means “The Provider”), You provide for all of us in the best way. Please provide for those who have lost jobs or are struggling financially because of the pandemic.
- Oh Allah, make me of Your sincere, humble, and grateful servants the way Prophet Abraham, Hajar, and Prophet Ismail (peace be upon them) were. And please remove all of my insincerity, arrogance and ungratefulness.
- Oh Allah, increase me in knowledge to please You, not to seek fame, glory, status or material wealth. Let this knowledge strengthen me as a Muslim and let it benefit humanity.
- Oh Allah, please guide my children and all children. Protect them, my Lord, from all of the evil influences that are around them. Give them friends who will strengthen their faith and help them stay on the Straight Path.
- Oh Allah, make it easy for me to accept all that You have decreed for me, and please make it easy for me to turn to You during trials and difficulties. Let these difficult moments of my life make me a stronger Muslim and more sincere to You.
- Oh Allah, help the orphans and the poor wherever they are. Give me the means and ability to do whatever I can for them.
- Oh Allah, cleanse my heart of the sicknesses of arrogance and pride and let me die as one of the sincere, humble Muslims.
- Oh Allah, open up a way for me to make Hajj as soon as possible, so that I can fulfill my obligation to You.
- Oh Allah, please give me patience and help me control my anger for Your sake.
- Oh Allah, please help me and all of my Mulsim brothers and sisters around the world change our erring ways and guide us to the Straight Path. Help us all live the life of true Muslims, striving towards the example of Your Beloved Messenger, Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) and his Companions.
So friends there us much to be gained, so make the most of the opportunity afforded by these invaluable and irreplaceable ten days. Hasten to do good works, before death strikes, before one can regret one’s negligence and failure to act, before one is asked to return to a place where no prayers will be answered, before death intervenes between the hopeful one and the things he hopes for, before you are trapped with your deeds in the grave.
(Written by Aaliyah Khan, a student of knowledge and CEO,The Islamic kidstore)